Harvest Leaders are crucial to the success of the GAP!
We have plenty of trees registered in our program, and many volunteers willing to pick fruit, but each of our harvest crews must have a leader. In order to expand our program and meet the demand for our services, we need to recruit more harvest leaders!
What does a Harvest Leader do?
Harvest leaders help ensure the success of each and every harvest. They make sure all the volunteers know how to pick and sort the fruit and work in a safe manner. They weigh the harvest, record the numbers, and co-ordinate the split & delivery. We provide all of the necessary training, materials, and support.
How do I become a Harvest Leader?
- Attend a Harvest Leader Orientation
- Co-lead a harvest or two until you feel confident on your own
- Commit to leading at least three harvests during the picking season (July – October)
What’s in it for me?
- Priority at Picks – Our harvests fill up fast and we often have to turn volunteers away. As a harvest leader, you will have the opportunity to sign up for harvests before the general volunteer group.
- Chances to win Awesome Prizes! – Each time you lead a harvest, your name will be entered into our Harvest Leader Draw. At the end of the 2015 season we will be giving away a grand prize and several smaller prizes.
- The Satisfaction of Giving Back to your Community – You will be providing a much-needed service for a valuable program that benefits our community in so many ways!